About Me

Hi all, and welcome to The Comer Experience. Howdy, we are John and Gena. Gena is born and raised in Southern Oklahoma. John is a military brat, raised in New York for his first few years. He spent 5 years in Okinawa, Japan before moving to Oklahoma. Both of us have been married before, and have finally found our comfort in each other since 1999. We got married on July 4, 2006, and it makes Independence Day something much better to celebrate. We have hit a point in our life together that now we want to share our experiences with everyone. We want to take you on a trip through the everyday lives of our family. We have started this blog to give people a look into what our family enjoys, and goes through. You will see some great cooking from John, who learned from helping his mother in the kitchen. With his mix of Italian and Irish background he enjoys experimenting and making great food. We will also take you on our journey into learning photography and we would love to hear your critiques on our pictures. All and all we hope you enjoy your journey with us and can laugh and learn from our experiences. Enjoy and lots of fun, John & Gena #TheComerExperience

Friday, February 14, 2014

A Beautiful Lie by T. E. Sivec Book Review


I sincerely apologize for my reviews not going up this week as I had expected.  We have a major medical issue going on within the family, and my focus has been on the family.  


So I started reading the book, and struggled just a bit in the beginning.  I had to chock it up to to much going on in life.  So I restarted the book, and I am really glad I did.  

The author has a great insight into the military which makes this book almost realistic.  Ok, who am I kidding it was really real :).  The detail put inside the book will soak you up, drag you in, and make you want to know just where the book is going to lead.

The characters within the book are brought together in such a way that you can't help but feel like that they may never get the ending we all wish for.  

As a sister of a military soldier this book holds a bit of a special spot in my library.  What girl doesn't adore a soldier that looks good!  Am I right? Of course I am!!

Overall, this book is a great find for any library.  Girls, keep in mind that this is an adult genre book so please don't pass out when there is relations within a book.  I'm not going to tell you to close your eyes, and hum out loud if you can't handle those types of spots in a book just skip a paragraph...



Happy Reading-
Gena



If you would like to dive into this book set click the picture below it!!






You can also find more of Tara Sivec at the links below:

No comments:

Post a Comment