About Me

Hi all, and welcome to The Comer Experience. Howdy, we are John and Gena. Gena is born and raised in Southern Oklahoma. John is a military brat, raised in New York for his first few years. He spent 5 years in Okinawa, Japan before moving to Oklahoma. Both of us have been married before, and have finally found our comfort in each other since 1999. We got married on July 4, 2006, and it makes Independence Day something much better to celebrate. We have hit a point in our life together that now we want to share our experiences with everyone. We want to take you on a trip through the everyday lives of our family. We have started this blog to give people a look into what our family enjoys, and goes through. You will see some great cooking from John, who learned from helping his mother in the kitchen. With his mix of Italian and Irish background he enjoys experimenting and making great food. We will also take you on our journey into learning photography and we would love to hear your critiques on our pictures. All and all we hope you enjoy your journey with us and can laugh and learn from our experiences. Enjoy and lots of fun, John & Gena #TheComerExperience

Sunday, February 9, 2014

The joy of owning a Waterpik.

The past week or so has been a little crazy with the metal mouth.  I have quickly learned that arch wires are easily popped out of my molar bands.  And, boy howdy does that feel weird when your trying to ease it back into that little bitty hole.  Thankfully it didn't mean another trip to the orthodontist to get anything fixed.  Lately though I have a couple of teeth that hurt a bit when I chew.  I am assuming that this is due to them being a bit loose.  It's pretty interesting to say the least.  I recently was gifted a Waterpik.  That my friends is the best dang thing ever made.  It sure has made my painful flossing; a thing of the past for sure.  However, don't let that Waterpik fool you if you don't own one, and its your first time using; be prepared to clean up a lot of water!!  I sprayed the sink, wall & mirror; drenched every ounce of myself all in the name of flossing. :)

So I am still a ways out before my first official appt. following my getting my braces put on.  Eating is getting a little bit easier, but I still haven't gotten to talented on picking it out of the wires without having to brush my teeth like 40 times a day. You laugh I know you do.  It's a serious obsession if I can't tell if there's anything there I literally would swear I have brushed that many times a day.  It's probably more like 5 times but hey my next dentist appt. should go really well right... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment