About Me

Hi all, and welcome to The Comer Experience. Howdy, we are John and Gena. Gena is born and raised in Southern Oklahoma. John is a military brat, raised in New York for his first few years. He spent 5 years in Okinawa, Japan before moving to Oklahoma. Both of us have been married before, and have finally found our comfort in each other since 1999. We got married on July 4, 2006, and it makes Independence Day something much better to celebrate. We have hit a point in our life together that now we want to share our experiences with everyone. We want to take you on a trip through the everyday lives of our family. We have started this blog to give people a look into what our family enjoys, and goes through. You will see some great cooking from John, who learned from helping his mother in the kitchen. With his mix of Italian and Irish background he enjoys experimenting and making great food. We will also take you on our journey into learning photography and we would love to hear your critiques on our pictures. All and all we hope you enjoy your journey with us and can laugh and learn from our experiences. Enjoy and lots of fun, John & Gena #TheComerExperience

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Book 2 After Forever by Jasinda Wilder Book Review

I am having trouble writing a review for this series.  I don't know if its the sadness within it, the heartache, or the all out loss I feel while reading the books.  There are things within this series that I can relate to.  I have myself lost a parent when I was in my twenties who also drank.  And, like Caden in book two I have had a grandparent whom has had a stroke.  So yea this book of the series hit hard, and by the end I cried ALOT!

Book two brings in more of Ever's twin sister Eden.  You learn how Caden & Eden comfort each other to try and help each other heal; which may in the long run be a big problem.  I read reviews before starting this book of the series, and a lot of which mentioned cheating.  I half way for seen this just on the ending of book one.  I do not agree with the reviews or comments that I read concerning the thought or actions of cheating being wrong, and somewhat disrespectful.  I also don't agree with those commenters who said they "WOULD NEVER" because well none of us know what we are capable of when we have been strewn through so much loss, bad luck, and all out emotional warfare that Caden or Eden have gone through in such a young life.  That being said I can say that I wouldn't contemplate it, but I can't say that it "WOULD NEVER" happen because I can not for see the future.  HAHA!

Overall this series has definitely see a different side of Jasinda's writing style, and I like it.  You will not want a YA to read this series that is for sure.  You again will need tissues if you are easily known to cry or are a person that wears their emotions like me.  And, if you don't like controversial topics this may not be for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment