About Me

Hi all, and welcome to The Comer Experience. Howdy, we are John and Gena. Gena is born and raised in Southern Oklahoma. John is a military brat, raised in New York for his first few years. He spent 5 years in Okinawa, Japan before moving to Oklahoma. Both of us have been married before, and have finally found our comfort in each other since 1999. We got married on July 4, 2006, and it makes Independence Day something much better to celebrate. We have hit a point in our life together that now we want to share our experiences with everyone. We want to take you on a trip through the everyday lives of our family. We have started this blog to give people a look into what our family enjoys, and goes through. You will see some great cooking from John, who learned from helping his mother in the kitchen. With his mix of Italian and Irish background he enjoys experimenting and making great food. We will also take you on our journey into learning photography and we would love to hear your critiques on our pictures. All and all we hope you enjoy your journey with us and can laugh and learn from our experiences. Enjoy and lots of fun, John & Gena #TheComerExperience

Friday, March 21, 2014

My grandpa's

You know I have always had a soft spot in my heart for my grandpa's.  Today I seen something that warmed, and saddened me all at the same time.  My mom & grandpa came up to visit. My mom was having to see a surgeon on a surgery she was to possibly be having.

He is extremely close to my mom.  My mom has a dear friend that has cancer.  She spoke with her on the phone today, and heard news that it wasn't good.  It was really upsetting to my mom because not to long ago we lossed a cousin that was very close to us to cancer.  My grandpa seen how upset my mom was, and that she was crying he got up to console her, and was crying also.

This is from a man that while I was growing up was so strong, and taught me to sing the "tomato song".  You know that song right?!?

Tomato's in the morning, Tomato's in the evening & Tomato's at suppertime.  :)

Anyway for me to see this it showed me that strong man, the kind and endearing grandpa showed me how much he loves his daughter.  And, for me I never got to feel those feelings from my dad.  So it just brings tears to my eyes; not only as a grand-daughter but as a daughter that didn't get to feel that kind of fatherly love.


So here's a picture of that great man his first visit to see the "Tulsa Driller"  it was taken yesterday.






I lost my other grandpa when I was a senior in high school.  He was another great man in my life that have taught me lessons, and showed me undying love.  I have 3 others.  My husband, and my brothers.  

So my thing to all you folks out there is this:  Tell someone you love them today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment