About Me

Hi all, and welcome to The Comer Experience. Howdy, we are John and Gena. Gena is born and raised in Southern Oklahoma. John is a military brat, raised in New York for his first few years. He spent 5 years in Okinawa, Japan before moving to Oklahoma. Both of us have been married before, and have finally found our comfort in each other since 1999. We got married on July 4, 2006, and it makes Independence Day something much better to celebrate. We have hit a point in our life together that now we want to share our experiences with everyone. We want to take you on a trip through the everyday lives of our family. We have started this blog to give people a look into what our family enjoys, and goes through. You will see some great cooking from John, who learned from helping his mother in the kitchen. With his mix of Italian and Irish background he enjoys experimenting and making great food. We will also take you on our journey into learning photography and we would love to hear your critiques on our pictures. All and all we hope you enjoy your journey with us and can laugh and learn from our experiences. Enjoy and lots of fun, John & Gena #TheComerExperience

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"The Academy" C.L.Stone Books 1-4 Book Review


Okay to start off I will be doing a bulk review of the first 4 books of the series it will not go into depth this is my own opinion of the series, and my thoughts on the characters.  I will however do a full book review of book 5 as soon as I have read it, and if at that time you have not read up to book 5 I would say unless you want a spoiler or two I would not read the review until that point.  

The first four books will bring you into the main characters life her name is Sang she lives a very extremely sheltered life.  Her mother in my view is a bit phsycho, and her father virtually never home.  Her older sister Marie is odd.  You will learn early on in the book series that Sang is taught to never talk to strangers especially boys.  However, she loves wondering away from home, and meets up with a  boy named Kota and his dog.  Kota will bring her into the inner circle of his friends the boys of "The Academy" : North, Luke, Silas, Gabriel, Nathan, Mr. Blackbourne, Dr. Green & Victor.  Without giving you to much detail into the books you will find out that there are many secrets surrounding "The Academy".  Slowly though Sang starts filling in bits & pieces of things about the boys, their lives, and even some of the secrets of the school they are tied to. 

I am breaking down the characters so that you know my feelings on their personalities.  Sang in my vision is a shy, strong willed, sassy well dressed classy girl.  Kota now he has some great leadership qualities, and is uber intelligent.  Victor  what can I say that boy drives a sweet car, plays piano, and dresses nicely.  Luke every girl needs a little of him in their life.  He's that boy next door the one that you can expect to make you laugh when you need it.  Gabriel oh boy that guy can style you out to walk a runway, and even make your hair look great he's pretty misunderstood often thought of as gay but he's not.  North now I really like him he drives a jeep, and since I drive one too I totally like that about him haha.  Wonder if he does a jeep wave ;)  He comes across to me as that outdoorsy type, built like a lumberjack, and holds his heart close.  Silas is the strong-silent type, tall, and athletic.   Nathan is fun loving, and sometimes lonely with good reason.  He suckers you into his world too.  What am I thinking they all do.  That brings me to Dr Green oh boy he's brought in to teach at the Ashely Walters school along with Dr Blackbourne they are both young, and hot.  Both of these guys are charismatic, and all the boys are chivalrous.  All the boys have their different ways of being around Sang, and how they treat her when alone, or even while they are together as a group.  Some even come up with fun little petnames for her and her for them.  

Overall I enjoyed reading these books.  I found that I couldn't put the books down.  The style of writing the author used is great.  I typically read pretty fast, and I slowed myself down as not to miss out on any little detail.

I would recommend this book to high school through adult age range.  It will have you laughing, jumping, cringing, and even tearing up, but mostly falling in love.  In the end, of book 4 I totally wanted to be Sang.  I still do!

By clicking the pictures below they will take you to Amazon to be able to purchase the books.  Her 5th book will be out on Jan 22nd.  I read mine on Kindle.  

Reading is fun,
Gena


No comments:

Post a Comment