About Me

Hi all, and welcome to The Comer Experience. Howdy, we are John and Gena. Gena is born and raised in Southern Oklahoma. John is a military brat, raised in New York for his first few years. He spent 5 years in Okinawa, Japan before moving to Oklahoma. Both of us have been married before, and have finally found our comfort in each other since 1999. We got married on July 4, 2006, and it makes Independence Day something much better to celebrate. We have hit a point in our life together that now we want to share our experiences with everyone. We want to take you on a trip through the everyday lives of our family. We have started this blog to give people a look into what our family enjoys, and goes through. You will see some great cooking from John, who learned from helping his mother in the kitchen. With his mix of Italian and Irish background he enjoys experimenting and making great food. We will also take you on our journey into learning photography and we would love to hear your critiques on our pictures. All and all we hope you enjoy your journey with us and can laugh and learn from our experiences. Enjoy and lots of fun, John & Gena #TheComerExperience

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Adult Braces are they worth it?


Well, here's something all you guys get to go through with me.  Luckily you get to see the progress, but don't have to feel the pain.  So this past Monday I went in to see my Orthodontist, and was fitted with spacers to start my adventure into adult braces.  I feel for the dental assist that had to put the spacers in.  It took two and a half hours- thought I wouldn't have a mouth left.  Now get you these are little rubber bands that they put between your molars to space out your teeth to accept the brackets(molar bands).   So that you understand if you've never had this done only 2 bands per side top & bottom went on, and like I said it took 2 and half hrs to get them installed.  So wish me luck on this coming Monday that my teeth have moved enough to accept the molar bands so that I can progress into full adult braces.  If not--it will be another week of spacers for me :(   I've been told that the pain can be unbearable.  The first day I didn't feel a thing.  As time progresses there is not enough ibuprofen in the world to help.  But, I am a big girl!!  I will update more on Monday with pictures as long as the finished product is in my mouth.  And, if everything goes well with insurance in a year I will possibly be having Orthognathic Surgery which I will explain more when or if I get approved for it. I am looking forward to an amazing smile, and no more medical issues due to misalignment.
So sit back, and enjoy if all goes well a 3 year adventure.  

Smiles,
Gena
  

No comments:

Post a Comment