About Me

Hi all, and welcome to The Comer Experience. Howdy, we are John and Gena. Gena is born and raised in Southern Oklahoma. John is a military brat, raised in New York for his first few years. He spent 5 years in Okinawa, Japan before moving to Oklahoma. Both of us have been married before, and have finally found our comfort in each other since 1999. We got married on July 4, 2006, and it makes Independence Day something much better to celebrate. We have hit a point in our life together that now we want to share our experiences with everyone. We want to take you on a trip through the everyday lives of our family. We have started this blog to give people a look into what our family enjoys, and goes through. You will see some great cooking from John, who learned from helping his mother in the kitchen. With his mix of Italian and Irish background he enjoys experimenting and making great food. We will also take you on our journey into learning photography and we would love to hear your critiques on our pictures. All and all we hope you enjoy your journey with us and can laugh and learn from our experiences. Enjoy and lots of fun, John & Gena #TheComerExperience

Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Series: Book Reviews



So everyone may not know this about me, but I am an extremely avid reader.  Almost always I can immerse myself into a book to the point that it feels like I am the lead character breathing the same air, eating the same food etc.  I read for hours some days it can drive my loving husband nuts, but that's just me.  I thought what better way to share my love for reading than to share book reviews.  In doing this it will force me to branch out to other genres which might not be so bad.  I do apologize y'all I am a southern girl so some days my grammar maybe a little like I would regularly talk.

I do read and love YA(young adult) books, and can fly through most books in this genre.  I love history non fiction books, but have not read many of these as of late.  My husband is a huge lover of Clive Cussler: Dirk Pitt/Oregon Files/Fargo Adventure & Jack DuBrul books, but he's a boy he reads a book really …… really…….really slowly ha ha.  So if he does a review  it might be a while ;).  I drive him bonkers on how fast I read because I can go through a whole series of books to his one.  


So as of late I am loving this new author I came across thanks to a email subscription club that I am apart of that sends out lists of free kindle books on amazon.  If some of you haven't heard of it its called "Book Bub".  It will not only list for you books that are free, but also ones that have prices listed for them.  The author I am speaking of is C.L. Stone(http://clstonebooks.com/) she is amazing.  I am currently writing up a review on her first 4 books.  I am foaming at the mouth waiting on book five release this week.  Most of the time I can fly through a YA book like its no ones business, but she writes so well that I literally slow myself down never skipping lines because I am afraid I will miss something important.   The series I am speaking of is "The Academy".  

If there are any authors you would like to introduce to me please feel free to leave  comment I am up to learning about new authors, and finding out about new genres.

“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”  – Ernest Hemingway
Reading is fun,
Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment